Saturday 28 June 2008

Who doesn't love Dyson?

Woah, I am totally obsessed with Dyson vacuums. I really wish I had one. Is anyone else with me on this one? If I had a spare $400+ and the need for a really fancy vacuum, I'd totally buy a Dyson. Move over Hoover, you are toast. There's a new vacuum in town and it is the Dyson Ball. It turns on a dime and never loses suction. The increased maneuverability is due to the motor inside the ball, giving it a lower of center of gravity (genius) and the incredible amount of suction occurs because of the Dyson patented root cyclone technology. I find this amazing.

I think the reason why I am fascinated with Dyson vacuums is the commercials. First of all, they star the inventor himself, and he is so passionate about suction that he actually makes me want to be passionate about vacuum suction. I truly believe that if you are passionate about what you do, then that passion can extend to anyone you talk to. That's why infomercials work so well.

My newfound passion about suction actually extends to hand dryer suction as well. Have you seen the Dyson Airblade? It is the most amazing hand dryer in the universe. Watching the commercial for the Airblade makes me want to purchase one. For the apartment I rent. Yup, that's right. I want to buy a hand dryer for my rented apartment's bathroom. Like that makes any sense.

Watch the commercial below at your own risk. It could make you spend lots of money on suction:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenn, I bought my first Dyson about 10 years ago...it is the best vacuum cleaner I have ever owned!! Sadly, I had to replace it this year, and I wound up ordering the latest model of what I owned (not the Ball technology). While the suction is amazing, it's not as maneuverable as the original : (

Dyson wrote a book about being an inventor and starting up the Dyson business - well worth a read!! He does mention in it that he wants to change the British language - we use the word Hoover here as a verb (as in 'to vacuum', i.e. today I must Hoover my carpet). He'd like us all to say "I need to Dyson my carpet today" - which I can do since I've only ever owned Dyson vacuums!!

PS You're more than welcome to Dyson the next time you're here visiting...

Diane

marmie said...

I was about to become a Dyson fan and purchase one (the Ball) but then we found out we could have our KIRBY reworked for $200 and it purrs like a kitten. MEOW...ever so softly while flying over the carpets as if it were Alladin! Sorry Dyson lover. :)

marmie said...

I was about to become a Dyson fan and purchase one (the Ball) but then we found out we could have our KIRBY reworked for $200 and it purrs like a kitten. MEOW...ever so softly while flying over the carpets as if it were Alladin! Sorry Dyson lover. :)