Sunday 24 June 2007

A Weekend in S Dub

This weekend, while at home hanging out with the family, I realized my tendency to tell long stories doesn't fall from from the tree. Here is how my family tells stories:

My mom: Hon, tell the girls what happened with the fishbowl. (Side note: My dad wouldn't tell us anything if my mom didn't tell him to.)

My dad: Well, I was over there by the counter and your mother had put this yankee candle thing that no one would ever know was there right in that corner. But I don't know how anyone could even see that this candle was there, I don't think anyone would ever see it, really, I am not even sure why anyone would put a candle in such a weird place. So anyway, I was reaching up to get something, maybe a wine glass or something in that cabinet. And then I guess I hit the candle, with my arm or something, and it smashed into the fish bowl and then all of a sudden the fishbowl had shattered into pieces all over the counter. And water went everywhere. There was at least a million gallons of water in that fishbowl that was all over our kitchen.

Mom: Tell them about the fish.

Dad: The fish was flopping around like a maniac so I scooped it up and threw it into this jar of water that was on the counter.

Me: There was a jar of water just sitting right there? Why was there a jar of water on the kitchen counter?

Dad: I don't know why it was there.. It was just there.

Me: Wait, so a random jar that was filled with water for no reason was on the kitchen counter, next to the invisible Yankee candle that no one would know even existed if you hadn't knocked it into the fishbowl- And that is how the fishbowl broke, pouring at least a million gallons of water all over the kitchen, while the fish was swimming in it but the fish didn't die?

Dad: Yes, basically, that's what happened.

Need I say more?

In other news, my little sister is home from studying abroad in Australia, which is good because now my mom will be distracted and won't expect me to return her phone calls or emails immediately. I also saw an old friend I hadn't seen in a while, which was nice, and I realized old friends are good for reality checks. Or maybe unreality checks. Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Blogger? I miss Livejournal, even though it still exists and I could easily just write in it. Maybe I'll start a blog. I am at a crossroads in my life, after all.

The point of me commenting was....I don't remember...OH! Because the one month not buying shoes reminded me how next year I'm gonna try giving something up for a month every month. But everyone keeps saying give up coffee and I'm like um, nooo.

Anyways, after this weekend at a wedding eating all kinds of crazy Ohio food and the fact there was an open bar, yikes, I decided I should detox. But when I looked up online how to actually detox, it was saying you should give up coffee. That is absolute bullsh, so then I decided that I am now against detoxing as a method of...anything.

My new goal in the newly instituted summer of Tymm: make comments in Jenn's blog that are almost as long as the entries themselves.