Sunday 23 September 2007

Update Shmupdate

I haven't gotten very far in the list. Thank goodness I had no deadline.

Here are the details:

1. Learn to Surf: Not done. There are many obstacles to getting this done (No waves, no surfboard, no skilled handsome surfing teacher). However, Liz and I may or may not be going to Costa Rica sometime soon so then I will learn how to surf.

2. Grow a plant before killing it. This one I am happy to report is complete. I did indeed grow plants. Then I killed them. Yup, I killed the plants. But at least they sprouted this time versus times 0 and negative 1. So number 2, done. No overachieving required, my days of an apartment gardener are currently suspended.

3. Learn to play electric guitar and/or drums. Ha. Ha ha ha ha. Yeah, not even started.

4. Learn to draw again (and keep drawing). I haven't kept drawing, but I am going to draw some more tomorrow. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably not.

5. Go one month without buying shoes. Complete! I haven't bought shoes in ages. Aces. (I tried to buy shoes today with no avail).

6. Experiment with sugar art. Still looking for silicone gloves. Once I have those I will be golden and the sugar art experimentation will be under way. Also, right now our kitchen is otherwise occupied with Lauren's wedding cake preparations.

7. Write something and get it published somewhere. I am going to pat myself on the back for this one. Yes, I did indeed get a freelance job to write an article for an online magazine. It is an unpaid gig but it is for real editors (not fake ones) so I think this can count for number 7 once I do it. Smartly, they are not giving me a deadline so I haven't started yet. I have been busy, what can I say. I have to call one of the editors tomorrow to discuss details. Consider this one a work in progress.

8. Run a 5k in less than 30 minutes. After work tomorrow I am going to go for a run. We will see how that goes.

9. Get crafty and profit from it. I have an Etsy website with nothing on it. I am going to start making stuff soon, then I will share the website with you and hopefully all of you will buy something. Or better, you can all just pay me money and I will say it is because I am crafty. What- you want something in exchange for your money? No that's not how this works. We will call it a crafty tax that you are required to pay me because I am crafty. Right.

Completed items on the to-do list: 2, 5, and half of 4. I think I am doing well, considering. (Considering what, I am sure I don't know).

2 comments:

S said...

So I know you love shoe shopping, and seeing as how you've been good, I'll share a treat. Go to Endless.com before (I think) 8 PM EDT tonight! They sell shoes and purses at what appear to be discount prices, and for quite literally the next 8 hours, they're offering not ONLY free overnight shipping, but $5 back! NEGATIVE $5 SHIPPING! And your shoes will be at your door tomorrow!

I had to share! :)

S said...

Make it 6:30 PM EDT tonight! So I hope you get this before then!