Tuesday 13 January 2009

Weirdo 7: I'm so vain, I think this post is about me

Oh, wait. It is.

I'm a blog junkie. I now have 3 blogs--- two that are all me, and one I am contributing to. Why? It's not just because I like to write. I was never a journal keeper growing up. Well, I was a journal keeper because I had many, but you'd find that most of them were only half full. I just love journals because they were usually pretty and they held secrets. But, as I'd try to write in them I felt my secrets weren't worthy of containment.

Thus, the blog was born. First, Livejournal, which I used to write into the wee hours while living at home. Now, blogspot. There is something about sharing your thoughts with the anonymous world that is thrilling. The place where you can dangle prepositions out in the open. It's fun. Fun is fun. You can write gibberish in here and no one would care. No one has to read it. But the idea that someone could read it and think that your thoughts matter how silly are something worth reading or worth laughing at, is what I like. Sure, I should be building up a portfolio of clips so I could one day live my dream as a freelance writer and art maker (there are more details to that dream that I am holding back revealing... for now). But for some reason this hits the spot for now. That's all.

And that is the end of my weird facts, however weird or unweird they may be.

No comments: