Monday 13 July 2009

My dream job lives in NYC

Do you believe in fate? I do. Which is why when I saw this recent posting- Jenn's Dream Job- It was as though this job was not posted for the greater masses looking for careers in the arts, but gift wrapped in the most delicate layers of tissue paper, tied up with golden ribbons and delivered by a fairy godmother with gossamer wings to me personally (via my computer screen)to read this morning as I checked the job boards for the 37th time in the past 2 weeks. Shockingly, I am not being remotely sarcastic. Apparently, finding the description of my dream career (the answer to the question of where I want to be TOMORROW) turns me into a rose-colored glasses wearing idealist.

Not only is this a really neat organization (www.arttable.org) but the actual job seems perfect for me. Event planning and fundraising- that's the kind of stuff I want to do with the rest of my life, because it is just as fun as it is challenging. Even more surprising-- the start date range is exactly when I want my new job to start and the salary range is within what I make now.

The perfection of this opening can only mean one thing--- Too good to be true AKA You will never even get called for an interview, Jenn. HOWEVER-- if anyone out there has any connections with the NYC and BEYOND women-in-arts world and can help me snag an interview, please be sure to let me know.

4 comments:

C said...

just lay it on the line, because that seems pretty amazing...Take the chance! Do it. Do it. You know you want to. Just do it. Do it today. You owe it to yourself to at least try.

marmie said...

this job was made for you.
you have almost every qualification.
i agree with classic-
JUST DO It.

:)

Jennifer said...

Well of course i applied for it! I have applied to over 30 jobs so far... nothing is stopping me from applying. I've just been looking for jobs in the Arts for the past 5 years and I know how hard it is to get an interview and how much it helps to know someone who knows someone who knows someone. But-- thanks for the positive thoughts and encouragement, I am sure that helps, too.

marmie said...

Helayne has forwarded a copy of your blog to kevin, carrie and melissa...who all live in the Big Apple. you never know where a connection will develop....