Friday 10 July 2009

Updates on the job hunt

I may not be getting a ton of responses, but that's not for lack of trying. Here are the positions I have applied to so far:

Administrative Assistant in various industries (10)
Floral Design Trainee/Sales Associate (1)
Editorial Assistant (4)---> Latest idea was to get into Publishing. I LOVE READING!! Can you imagine if I got to read for a job?
Executive Assistant (3)
Sales Coordinator (1)
Special Events/Promotions (1)
College Writing Consultant (1)
Gallery Assistant (3)
Gallery Sales Consultant (2)
Museum Development (2)

I am not sure why I am trying so hard to be honest. I have also posted my resume on Monster and CareerBuilder and I have gotten more than enough gems to pick from just from that, including:

  • A Boston company that said I could make up to 100k 'Honest Dollars' in one year, 250k for 'Top Producers'. I have to wonder if the top producers aren't honest
  • 2 Financial Services firms located in east bum Ohio
  • An Admissions Advisor for an unnamed online university, in a confidential location. The mystery is obviously enough to draw me in.

Granted, it is only the first day of having those posted, so maybe something good will come of it in the future. My philosophy is--- it can't hurt to try.

.....21 Days Until Unemployment

No comments: