Monday 30 July 2007

A Brilliant Idea (courtesy of S)

Hello fans,

One of my new favorite commenters, S, has given me the best idea ever to aid in getting something published. She has introduced me to NaNoWriMo, or National Novel Writing Month. What is this, you ask? Well apparently thousands of people every year write for one month (November) one 50,000 word novel. I think this is brilliant and I plan on participating. I do not think it should be too hard to write 50,000 words in one month. Question: How many words does this blog have so far? Answer: Tons. I am a short story longer writer extraordinaire! This will be ridiculously easy. And don't worry, on November 30 I will send all of you my 50,000 word novel of wonderfulness and then quiz you on content to make sure you really read it. Who's excited.

Who is going to participate in NaNoWriMo with me? I will even host a weekend in November where we can all get together and write, at my apartment, snacks and coffee provided. Let me know by Halloween.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT TO WRITE A CRAPPY NOVEL!!!

I actually have an idea brimming, it just needs the actual STORY. That shouldn't be too hard.

S said...

I've done it 2 years in a row now. Needless to say, I've never been a NaNo-Winner. I think I've maxed out around 16K. But good luck to you! That sounds like loads of fun, and of course I'll be working on my own novel once again.

And by the way, when you register, there's a chapter/area captain (or whatever they're called) and they schedule all sorts of writing parties at different coffee shops and restaurants in your area during November. At least, that's what the Connecticut lady does.

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for this. I am going to start brainstorming ideas now, so I can hit the pavement running November 1st. Also, for those of you who are interested in doing this event, you can go to the website and have them remind you to sign up in October. I did that- I am the queen of getting really excited about something that is months away and then forgetting about. Don't let that happen to you!